PR + Content Manager
Sowden & Sowden is looking for a creative content and public relations manager
We’re looking for an experienced, digital-savvy writer who enjoys nothing more than writing words that engage and who rises to the challenge of creating content that drives user intent.
With the ability to develop client accounts and project manage, the perfect candidate will understand the role of PR in the wider marketing mix and be able to demonstrate its value offering strategic communications advice and developing effective PR programmes.
You’ll boast outstanding writing skills, aptitude with social media approaches, media relations experience and the ability to easily communicate technical and complex subjects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Execute client’s briefs > Develop and implement strategic public relations, communications and social media strategies
- It’s got to work > Set and manage measurable public relations objectives and targets, reporting on campaigns and analysing performance
- We live for our clients > Maintain strong relationships with customers and effectively manage workload
- Be inventive > Create captivating written on and offline content for all marketing channels
- Depth is key > Demonstrate strong strategic thinking and a creative approach to public relations planning
Skills and experience:
- Degree in an essay-based subject, PR, creative copywriting, advertising or Journalism
- Minimum five years’ experience – preferably agency side
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to convey technical and complex concepts for a variety of audiences
- Experience of using social media as part of the wider marketing campaigns and public relations
- Energy, drive and a hunger for delivering results
- Proactivity, planning skills and excellent organisation
- Your written and verbal communication skills will be in constant use – so it’s key you’re a good communicator across diverse audiences
Working in a fast-paced agency environment, it will help if you have enthusiasm, a sense of humour and the ability to hit the ground running!
Sowden + Sowden is one of the region’s longest established marketing agencies, with four decades of experience, an established track record and a portfolio of long-standing local, national and international clients.
If this role sounds like the one for you, please send a covering email, CV and some show-stopping portfolio examples > apply now.
For more info or for an informal chat, contact Joanna Hornshaw on 01482 649311.Apply now
Do you have:
Minimum five years’ experience – preferably agency side
Energy, drive and a hunger to deliver
A strong understanding of PR and excellent writing and communication skills